Monday 7 November 2011

Top 10 tips for Goal Persuade


                                                                              

                   Most of us feel excited and motivated when we first set our goals, and that feeling can carry us along for several days, or even weeks. But then, what happens? We begin to lose momentum. We get scattered, we procrastinate, we lose the fire that once fueled our dreams.


                       And we stop working so hard for what we want, even if we still want it.!!!!
So here are Top 10 ways which will guide you on your hard times...

!. Set a clear goal( Be Specific)-
                              Every one should carefully decide his Goal because this small 4 letter world have potential to change your entire life! So you should be clear and very specific while setting up the goals like - If you want to lose some weight then your goal should be - I'll lose my x weight in x days because it will make me feel better about myself. ! rather then - 'I want to lose my weight!

Lets take another example - If your goal is about your income then it shouldn't be like- I want a good in come! but it should be like - I want an income of 10000$ per month because I will be a happier person. .


2.Always write down your goals!
                               Do you know why you have to write down your goals on a piece of paper right now? The more tangible your goals, the easier you are going to focus on them.
                                And if you can better focus on your goals, the more likely you are going to achieve them.
                                This is why every goal setting tips require you to write down what you want to accomplish in your life.
                                So write down your goals on a piece of paper and try to put it somewhere you can see often. You can put the paper on your table, paste it on your cupboard, or frame it and hang it on the wall.


3. Create A Vision Board
                              There are a few cases where people use this technique marvelously. What a vision board will do for you is just like the paper that you use to write down your goals. Just that a vision board is a better and more creative way of doing it.

                               You can cut down any pictures related to your goals or which you think can inspire you and paste them on a board. If your goal is to buy a Rolex gold watch, cut down the pictures from any magazine and paste it on the board.

Thus, whenever you see that board, you will remind yourself about your goals. As simple as this.


4. Review your goals regularly
                              Re-read your plan at least once each week. Keep a copy of your goals in your wallet, purse or briefcase. Consider them as important to have with you as your Driver’s License.

                              Set a plan of action. How do we get to where we want to be? By defining the action steps that will get us there. This part is actually really simple. Most of us are great at planning, but not so great at taking the actions! ;-) But I do want to point out one thing here.


5.Create milestones
                              If you just set one huge goal, it can be discouraging - especially when you don't achieve it after a short while. I find it's helpful to break a big goal into smaller goals, after which you concentrate on achieving the smaller goals in the short-run. Just like when you go on a long road-trip - You set pit-stops to rest/recuperate throughout the trip.


6.Create a plan
                               If you have a plan worked out for your goal, it becomes much easier to stick to it. All you have to do is to follow the actions you have planned for the day. The best time to work out your plan is when you set the goal, because that's when your motivation is the highest. Usually, I create my goal action plans right after I set my goal, after which I take action immediately - which helps create a positive momentum.


7.Track your results
                               It's important for me to track the results of what I do, because otherwise it feels like my actions are not making a difference. Hence, every time I work on a goal, I will identify 1-2 performance metrics, then track those metrics daily/weekly. They are my connection to the end goal, because they let me know whether I'm on track or off track, which in turn lets me know whether to tweak my actions or not.


8.Start a journal documenting your goal pursuit
                                Having a blog or private diary to document your goal pursuit can be a therapeutic experience. A lot of times, we abandon our goal pursuits because we get frustrated mid-way and we are not sure what to do about that. However, when we write out our thoughts, it helps us to get clarity on our issues and renews our interest in the goal. Many readers at my blog created their life journals in the blog forums and have found that to be tremendously helpful in keeping them focused on their goals.


9.Be clear on why you're pursuing the goals
                                  If you keep giving up on your goals halfway, perhaps you were never serious in them to begin with. For me, if I'm really serious about a goal, I'd never give up on it - I'd keep hammering away at it, regardless of the obstacles, until they give way and I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor.


10.Learn to say no
                                   Do you often put your goals aside for other people? It's okay to do that once or twice, but if you keep doing the whole time, something is seriously wrong. You can't forever put your life on hold for others! I used to have trouble saying no to others, until I realized I was just doing myself and my dreams a disfavor when I say yes to something that's not what I want. Learn how to say no and you may find a bigger pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

       Now . . . that’s a list. Even if you just start practicing some of them you will see tremendous results in your goal setting program. You will get motivated and stay motivated all the way through life, while successfully achieving your wildest dreams!

       So Rise! and Be Awake untill you get what you wanted in Life. With these final words I Abhijeet wish you all the best on your Goal pursuade and thanks all of you to be such a great reader. You all are really amazing guys... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Floating Share Bar